• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 peterrose4743

peterrose4743
  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:collecting coins

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

i have two coins which i dont no what they are and hoping someone can help as i have no way of putting pictures up yet i will explian what they look like and hope some one knows
well the first coin is the same size as a decimal one pence piece and has on one side the word MAROC 10 francs and has some sort of looks like arabic writing on it and on the other side its has the date 1371 and a 5 point star i would grade the coin fine all marking are clear

and the second coin is a tiny bit bigger than a decimal one pence piece has the words TU DOMINE SPES MEA and the date 1752 it has a two headed bird with crown on and the birds wings are around a sheild of some sort and the birds tail at the bottom on the other side it has the words FRANC.D.G.R.I.S A.GER.IER.REX and a mans head with long hair this coin is a golden colour and looks UNC but on one side it has a small patch of what looks like rust

has any one got any ideas what they are and there value
peterrose4743

#2 peterrose4743

peterrose4743
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

the fisrt one is a 1371 10francs from morocco
still trying to find out about second one
peterrose4743

#3 Ye Olde Collector

Ye Olde Collector

Moderator, but you can call me Clive....

• Administrators
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Hammered coins with an emphasis on rare, high quality Anglo-Saxon and Norman pennies.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

The second one is probably a Reader's Digest token from 1970. The Latin legends can reveal a lot about its origin.

Presuming it looks like this: Posted Image

If so, it has very minimal value, maybe a pound or two as these were mass-produced.

Posted Image

Feel free to email me at: Clive@HistoricCoinage.com

#4 peterrose4743

peterrose4743
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

The second one is probably a Reader's Digest token from 1970. The Latin legends can reveal a lot about its origin.

Presuming it looks like this: Posted Image

If so, it has very minimal value, maybe a pound or two.

yeah that is it thanks do u no which courty it is from and do u no if the first one has any value its a 1371 10francs from morocco
peterrose4743

#5 Ye Olde Collector

Ye Olde Collector

Moderator, but you can call me Clive....

• Administrators
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Hammered coins with an emphasis on rare, high quality Anglo-Saxon and Norman pennies.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

yeah that is it thanks do u no which courty it is from and do u no if the first one has any value its a 1371 10francs from morocco

Well, I imagine that the coin is from a factory in America or China. It is an imitation of an Austrian or German thaler, I presume.

Your second one, presuming it looks like this: Posted Image
Is obviously not from the year 1371, but rather 1952. Its value, again, is likely to be less than a pound.

Posted Image

Feel free to email me at: Clive@HistoricCoinage.com

#6 peterrose4743

peterrose4743
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

yeah thats the one thanks
peterrose4743

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users